Ready for a game changing career? It’s time you get the best pay and the best benefits package in the region right now!
No experience? No problem! We have the experts that will train you to become an elite mechanic! Have experience? We have the power to push your career to the next level!
This Exciting Opportunity Features the Following Benefits:
- Life Changing Pay – Our Top 20% of Mechanics Earned over $87,000 & Overall the Average Salary is $75,000 based on performance.. We’ll help you earn your way to the top with bonuses & unlimited overtime!
- More Free Time – Make Top Tier Pay while Only Working a 3 or 4-Day Work Week!
- Vacation & Sick Time
- No Tools? We Provide Up to $1500 for you to Equip Yourself with the Tools of the Trade
- The Power & Size of Prime Gives You Unlimited Advancement Opportunities
- Unbeatable Health Insurance Benefits at Extremely Reasonable Rates
- HSA Benefits
- Dental & Vision Plans
- Accident, Short Term Disability & Life Insurance Options
- 401k Retirement Plans with up to a 5% Match from Prime Inc.
- An Innovative Wellness Program that Pays You to be Healthy
- We Provide Bibs, Steel Toed Boots, Coats, or Shirts Yearly with our Prime Apparel Program
- Work in a Brand New, State of the Art Facility
- Continued Education Opportunities Include: OEM Educational Options, HVAC Certification & College Tuition Reimbursement
Our mechanics work in the best shops, with the best equipment & are empowered to really make a difference. Prime Inc. is the #1 refrigerated trucking company in America because we invest in our associates. This is your chance to become part of the best team in trucking!
- Reads job order and listens to trailer in operation to determine malfunction and plan work procedures.
- Observes and listens to operating machines or equipment to diagnose machine malfunction and determine need for adjustment or repair.
- Raises vehicle, with hydraulic jack or hoist, to gain access to mechanical units bolted to underside of vehicle.
- Dismantles machine or equipment to examine parts for defect or to remove defective part.
- Examines protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on trucks and makes adjustments.
- Replaces defective part with new part or repairs or reproduces part from various kinds of metal stock.
- Relines and adjusts brakes, aligns front end, repairs or replaces shock absorbers, and solders leaks in radiator.
- Assembles and test operates machine to verify connection of malfunction.
- Fabricates special lifting or towing attachments, hydraulic systems, shields, or other devices according to blueprints or schematic drawings.
- Maintains and lubricates machine tools and equipment.
- Fixes body and/or repairs structural features on equipment.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance services.
- Electrical diagnostics and safety system repairs and replacement of parts
- Performs DOT inspections and all federal and state repair requirements.
- Cleans tools and working area.
Current Available Shifts:
Sunday through Wednesday, every other Wednesday off: 4:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Wednesday through Saturday, every other Wednesday off: 4:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Any combination of education, training, and experience providing the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Mechanical experience is a plus.
Must have a strong work history. Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights and weekends required. Candidate must be able to acquire own basic hand tools and toolbox by the end of the training period (approximately 60 to 90 days).
Experience, Education, and Training
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position requires constant standing, handling, and forward reaching; frequent walking, head turning, bending, kneeling, stooping, squatting, hand control and power gripping. Candidate must be able to lift 100lbs and push and pull 50lbs. Steel toed footwear, and safety glasses are required in the shop.
Both indoor and outdoor working environment with exposure to varying weather conditions and chemical odors. Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team. Applicants for the position understand and acknowledge that PRIME implements in active practice a hearing conservation program that is fully aligned with the prescribed OSHA and related regulatory requirements (as defined in 29 CFR 1910.95).
Applicants for the position understand and acknowledge that PRIME implements in active practice a respiratory program that is fully aligned with the prescribed OSHA and related regulatory requirements (as defined in 29 CFR 1910.134).
Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and reliable transportation to and from work.
Candidate must be able to pass a job specific post-offer physical prior to beginning employment with Prime, Inc.