Intermodal Night Fleet Manager
Prime's enviable reputation within the transportation industry is a culmination of more than forty-five years of dedication to a unique corporate culture which seeks the most qualified professionals and routinely rewards them accordingly. Every Prime associate, driving and non-driving alike, is selected for their outstanding ability to perform well beyond typical expectations.
Positive, enterprising and highly-motivated individuals who possess the talent, creativity and drive to excel, routinely succeed once they join the Prime Team. The stated goal of Prime is simply to strive to be the best, not necessarily the biggest. The Prime Team cooperates to exceed customer requirements by providing exceptional customer service.
Prime has been built on the simple, yet significant philosophy that providing the best staff with the best equipment, the best support system and the best training ultimately leads to the best customer service. Prime's continued success is a direct result of a corporate culture that instills and inspires each associate to remain committed to reaching the pinnacle of their inherent potential.
Prime, Inc. is looking for an entrepreneurial-minded individual to work with our drivers and sales coordinators in order to provide first-class customer service to our shipping partners by performing the following duties:
- Lead and retain a designated fleet of drivers.
- Establish a good working relationship with each driver, while managing their availability to maximize productivity of their fleet.
- Monitor and train drivers to promote company safety culture.
- Analyze dispatch information to ensure ability of driver to meet service standards.
- Monitor compliance relating to Federal DOT (Department of Transportation) regulations relating to hazardous material hauling, HOS (Hours of Service) regulations, accident reporting, and driver personnel records.
- Manage service of all equipment.
- Manage driver performance and take proper disciplinary steps if necessary.
- Manage fuel process in compliance with fleet requirements.
- Ensure payroll accuracy for assigned drivers.
- Effective management of rail ramp and driver utilization for maximum efficiencies and cost control measures through planning, dispatching, tracking, and communication. Manage and report ramp activity including, but not limited to, revenue, costs, and driver efficiencies.
- Educate driver processes for entering a rail ramp, exiting a rail ramp and the procedures at the rail ramps including, but not limited to, in-gate/out-gate procedures, equipment damage procedures, ramp schedules, loading procedures, and reefer set procedures in accordance with both rail line and customer expectations.
- Process QUALCOMM messages in timely manner.
- Effectively communicate pertinent information regarding service/driver issues to Intermodal Department.
- Train/Cross train within the intermodal department as needed.
- Practice Company Core Values.
- All other duties and projects as assigned.
- **THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION
Any combination of education, training, and experience providing the following knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Basic knowledge of trucking/transportation industry preferred, but not required. Prior customer service experience preferred.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational and conflict resolution skills, and the ability to execute logical decisions quickly. Ability to multitask in dynamic, fast-paced, team oriented environment. Good computer and keyboarding skills with the ability to accurately type at 50 WPM. Proficient in Excel, Outlook, and the general Internet. Require flexible schedule with the ability to work rotating weekends as necessary.
Experience, Education, and Training
Four year college degree in a business related field or at least one year in a customer service environment preferred, but not required.
Must be able to sit for a large portion of the day. Also needs to be able to multitask, talk on the telephone for extended periods of time and type efficiently.
Primarily indoors with heating and cooling regulated in a general office environment. Surroundings can be noisy at times.