Fire & Ice Line Cook
Recently awarded Property of the Year from Ramada Worldwide, the Ramada Plaza Hotel & Oasis Convention Center is currently seeking career driven individuals who are committed to providing a memorable experience to our guests.
Our award winning hotel is a full service property, offering 173 guest rooms along with over 30,000 square feet of meeting and conference space. Housed within the Ramada Plaza, you will find Fire & Ice Restaurant & Bar, featuring Springfield’s only ice bar.
The Ramada Plaza Hotel & Convention Center is a property structured upon our core values…
Passion- Passionate about who we are and what we do
Respect- Mutual respect and appreciation for our associates and guests
Extreme Service- We strive to be proactive and go above and beyond for our guests to have a positive and memorable experience.
Family & Community- All associates and guests are in the family. We desire to give back to the community and to each other.
Innovation & Uniqueness- We desire to be a true oasis in the region and embrace our identity.
Honesty & Integrity- We believe in being truthful and transparent, while maintaining professionalism, to our associates and guests in all situations, even when the situation is difficult.
The Fire & Ice Line Cook is responsible for producing high-quality, great tasking food to our guests. The line cook prepared food items for our customers using quality predetermined methods in a timely manner.
- Prepares a variety of foods; meat, seafood, poultry, vegetable and cold food items.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portionizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen policies and procedures.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to ensure a smooth service period.
- Maintains a prepared and sanitary work area at all times.
- Constantly uses safe and hygienic food handling practices.
- Handles, stores and rotates products properly.
- Assists in food prep assignments.
- Closes the kitchen following all closing checklists provided by the Executive Chef.
- Communicates clearly with managers, kitchen and front of the house associates.
- Assists in various areas of the hotels Food & Beverage outlets.
- Other duties as assigned by the Sous Chef/ Executive Chef.
- Excellent communication, guest service and time management skills
- Must be able to organize, plan ahead and manage workload.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and multi-tasked environment.
- Must be dependable and energetic
- Must have previous line cook experience
- Culinary Degree preferred
- Must be flexible regarding scheduling as it is based on business demands
- This position requires constant standing and walking. Frequent head turning, bending, reaching, handling and grasping. Must be able to lift and carry 60lbs. Pushing and pulling is minimal.
- Indoor working conditions in fast paced environment.