Trailer Rebuild Tech - Minooka
Ready for a game changing career? It’s time you get the best pay and the best benefits package in the region right now!
No experience? No problem! We have the experts that will train you to become an elite member of the team! Have experience? We have the power to push your career to the next level!
This Exciting Opportunity Features the Following Benefits:
- Life Changing Pay – Our Top 10% of Techs Earned $109,285 & Overall the Average Salary was $80,880 this past year. We’ll help you earn your way to the top with bonuses & unlimited overtime!
- More Free Time – Make Top Tier Pay while Only Working a 3 or 4-Day Work Week!
- Vacation & Sick Time
- No Tools? We Provide Up to $1500 for you to Equip Yourself with the Tools of the Trade
- The Power & Size of Prime Gives You Unlimited Advancement Opportunities
- Unbeatable Health Insurance Benefits at Extremely Reasonable Rates
- HSA Benefits
- Dental & Vision Plans
- Accident, Short Term Disability & Life Insurance Options
- 401k Retirement Plans with up to a 5% Match from Prime Inc.
- An Innovative Wellness Program that Pays You to be Healthy
- We Provide Bibs, Steel Toed Boots, Coats, or Shirts Yearly with our Prime Apparel Program
- Work in a Brand New, State of the Art Facility
- Continued Education Opportunities Include: OEM Educational Options, HVAC Certification & College Tuition Reimbursement
Our techs work in the best shops, with the best equipment & are empowered to really make a difference. Prime Inc. is the #1 refrigerated trucking company in America because we invest in our associates. This is your chance to become part of the best team in trucking!
- Fabricate & repair body parts on trailers.
- Safely operate overhead crane, forklift & shop tools to facilitate trailer repairs.
- Disassemble & re-assemble trailer parts as necessary to repair damaged areas.
- Replace/repair defective body parts as required & return equipment to factory specifications.
- Perform maintenance tasks including brake changes, services, and general repairs as required to maintain fleet.
- Diagnose wiring & air supply issues with lite check machine as required to identify and repair problems with braking, ABS, and air systems.
- Read & understand repair orders to optimize shop space & address all maintenance tasks needing to be performed.
- Perform detailed inspections of equipment in preparation for turn in and/or returning equipment to factory specifications.
- Verifies completion of all maintenance tasks performed to maintain fleet standard.
- Provide good customer service to help identify problems & expedite repairs.
- Maintain shop tools as necessary to preserve the life and functionality of company equipment.
- Clean tools & working area.
Any combination of education, training, and experience providing the following knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Mechanical experience is a plus but not required.
Must have a strong work history. Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights and weekends required. You must be able to acquire basic hand tools and a toolbox by the end of the training period. We offer a tool program for up to $1,500 in free tools for new hires with a 2-year commitment to Prime.
Experience, Education, and Training
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Tractor mechanic, diesel mechanic, HVAC, lube technician or automotive technician experience would be great, but not needed. We are committed to training you if you have no experience. We require travel to Springfield, MO for training during the first 3-6 months. Travel would be rotating 2 weeks in MO, 2 weeks in IL.
This position requires constant standing, forward reaching and feeling; frequent head turning, bending, kneeling, stopping, squatting & pinching. Candidate must be able to lift and carry up to 100lbs and push and pull 50lbs. Steel toed footwear, and safety glasses are required in the shop.
Both indoor and outdoor working environment with exposure to varying weather conditions and chemical odors. Applicants for the position understand and acknowledge that PRIME implements in active practice a respiratory program that is fully aligned with the prescribed OSHA and related regulatory requirements (as defined in 29 CFR 1910.134).
Applicants for the position understand and acknowledge that PRIME implements in active practice a respiratory program that is fully aligned with the prescribed OSHA and related regulatory requirements (as defined in 29 CFR 1910.134).
Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Candidate must be able to pass a job specific post-offer physical prior to beginning employment with Prime, Inc.