Tractor Mechanic - Minooka
$3000 Sign On Bonus – Up to $98,000/yr
MINIMAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED! We train!
Ready for a game changing career? Get the best pay and the Best Benefits Package in Chicagoland right now!
We have the experts that will train you to become an elite mechanic! Have experience? We have the power to push your career to the next level!
This Exciting Opportunity Features the Following Benefits:
- Life Changing Pay – Make up to $98,000/yr
- $3000 Sign On Bonus
- More Free Time – Make Top Tier Pay while Only Working a 3 or 4-Day Work Week!
- Vacation & Sick Time
- No Tools? We Provide Up to $1500 for you to Equip Yourself with the Tools of the Trade
- The Power & Size of Prime Gives You Unlimited Advancement Opportunities
- Unbeatable Health Insurance Benefits at Extremely Reasonable Rates
- HSA Benefits
- Dental & Vision Plans
- Accident, Short Term Disability & Life Insurance Options
- 401k Retirement Plans with up to a 5% Match from Prime Inc.
- An Innovative Wellness Program that Pays You to be Healthy
- We Provide Bibs, Steel Toed Boots, Coats, or Shirts Yearly with our Prime Apparel Program
- Work in a Brand New, State of the Art Facility
- Continued Education Opportunities Include: OEM Educational Options, HVAC Certification & College Tuition Reimbursement
Our mechanics work in the best shops, with the best equipment & are empowered to really make a difference. Prime Inc. is the #1 refrigerated trucking company in America because we invest in our associates. This is your chance to become part of the best team in trucking!
- Diagnose mechanical failures & repair truck components according to manuals, factory specifications & knowledge of engine performance while using hand tools, power tools, & testing instruments.
- Inspect parts for damage and/or failure to make proper decisions on repair or replacement.
- Perform DOT inspections, including brake inspections & adjustments.
- Inspect & repair advanced safety systems.
- Remove transmission & clutch using hoists, jacks & mechanic’s hand tools while following all safety protocols.
- Must be able to read & understand wiring schematics.
- Basic knowledge of Windows, Excel & general computer operation required.
- Good customer service & communication skills necessary.
Any combination of education, training, and experience providing the following knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Mechanical experience is a plus but not required.
Must have a strong work history. Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights and weekends required. You must be able to acquire basic hand tools and a toolbox by the end of the training period. We offer a tool program for up to $1,500 in free tools for new hires with a 2-year commitment to Prime.
Experience, Education, and Training
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Tractor mechanic, diesel mechanic, HVAC, lube technician or automotive technician experience would be great, but not needed. We are committed to training you if you have no experience.
This position requires constant standing, forward reaching and feeling; frequent head turning, bending, kneeling, stopping, squatting & pinching. Candidate must be able to lift and carry up to 100lbs and push and pull 50lbs. Steel toed footwear, and safety glasses are required in the shop.
Both indoor and outdoor working environment with exposure to varying weather conditions and chemical odors.
Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Candidate must be able to pass a job specific post-offer physical prior to beginning employment with Prime, Inc.