Tire Bay Technician
GET READY for the BEST Pay, Benefits & Career Growth Opportunities in the 417 Area!
Join the team at our Tire Bay & make up to $60,000/yr with NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED! Plus, you’ll get the Best Benefits Package in the Ozarks & more free time with a 4 day work week!
So, are you ready? We are seeking people who deserve the best pay and the best benefits because they are reliable, motivated & hard working.
This Exciting Opportunity Features the Following Benefits:
- Life Changing Pay – Make up to $60,000/year
- Yearly Prime Inc. Stakeholder’s Bonus for all Employees
- Vacation & Sick Time
- Unbeatable Health, Dental & Life Insurance Benefits at Unbeatable Rates
- 401k Retirement Plans with up to a 5% Match from Prime Inc.
- On Site Fitness Club: Weight Training Center, Cardio Lounge, Aerobics & Yoga Classes, Basketball Court
- On Site Barber Shop, Salon & Spa
- On Site Restaurant
- On Site Daycare Center
- On Site Doctor’s Office & Chiropractor
- An Innovative Wellness Program that Pays You to be Healthy
- The Power & Size of Prime Gives You Unlimited Advancement Opportunities
If you are ready to start a career with one of the Ozark’s most desired employers, this is the perfect opportunity! There are endless ways to grow and advance at Prime and this is your big opportunity!
We’ll train you to be successful and provide you with the best tools, a modern facility, and a positive work environment built to help you grow your career with Prime to the next level.
- Examine tires to determine for defects & if they resulted from faulty construction or curing.
- Raise vehicles with hydraulic jacks & unbolts tires with a lug wrench.
- Measure tread depths to determine remaining tire life.
- Clean tire sides & remount tires onto vehicle.
- Reassemble tire onto wheel, place wheel on balancing machine to determine counterweights required to balance wheel.
- Locate punctures in tubeless tires by inserting adhesive material & expanding rubber plug into puncture.
- Remove inner tube from tires & inspect tire casings for defects, such as holes and tears.
- Glue boot over rupture in tire casings.
- Hammer required counterweights onto rim of wheel.
- Separate tubed tires from wheels with rubber mallet, metal bar or mechanical tire changer.
- Buffs any defective areas of inner tubes, using a scraper & patch tubes with adhesive rubber patch or seal rubber patches to tube with hot vulcanizing plate.
- Prorate allowances based on tread wear, warranty provisions & knowledge of tire characteristics.
- Performs related work as required.
Any combination of education, training, and experience providing the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Prior tire experience is a plus.
Must have a strong work history. Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights and weekends required.
Experience, Education, and Training
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position requires constant standing, handling, and forward reaching; frequent walking, head turning, bending, kneeling, stooping, squatting, hand control and power gripping. Candidate must be able to lift 105lbs, carry 85lbs and push and pull 115lbs. Steel toed footwear, and safety glasses are required in the shop.
Both indoor and outdoor working environment with exposure to varying weather conditions and chemical odors. Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team. Applicants for the position understand and acknowledge that PRIME implements in active practice a hearing conservation program that is fully aligned with the prescribed OSHA and related regulatory requirements (as defined in 29 CFR 1910.95).
Interdepartmental Roll Fulfillment
From time to time, it may be necessary for an associate to migrate from his or her permanently stationed department to another department as staffing needs require. Any time an associate performs tasks in department other than his or her permanently stationed department, the department supervisor shall verify that the associate meets all the job description requirements of the position which that associate interdepartmentally staffs on a temporary or otherwise semi-permanent basis.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
PRIME will provide protective equipment (“PPE”) as necessary to its associates in accordance with 29 CFR 1910.132(a). PRIME provides safe working conditions that are fully compliant with all applicable OSHA workplace regulations as it respects an associate’s exposure to chemical, mechanical, or other potential workplace hazards or impairing conditions that could compromise the integrity of the associate’s well-being, to include eyes, extremities, face, head, or respiratory system. PRIME associates must fully adhere to all PRIME PPE policies at all times. Any PRIME associate, who refuses to fully abide by these mandatory PPE policies, and related safety measures, may be subject to the appropriate disciplinary action, up to and including termination. All required personal protective equipment will be provided by PRIME to each associate at no cost to the associate.
Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and reliable transportation to and from work.
Candidate must be able to pass a job specific post-offer physical prior to beginning employment with Prime, Inc.
As a condition of employment, all PRIME associates must comply with PRIME’s OHSA safety training and any related company rules, protocols, and programs. PRIME’s OSHA safety program and policies are designed to ensure the safety of all PRIME associates. PRIME associates are at all times required to dutifully comply with any and all of PRIME’s OHSA safety requirements throughout the duration of their employ at PRIME. The failure of any associate to abide by the safety requirements stated in this paragraph may subject the associate to the appropriate disciplinary action, up to and including termination.