Parts Attendant - Overnight Shift
Want a career that you will look forward to coming to work every day? This is it!
We strive to provide a positive, fun environment with plenty of recognition.
This Exciting Opportunity Features the Following Benefits:
- Expansive Health Insurance Benefits at Extremely Reasonable Rate
- HSA Benefits
- Dental & Vision Plans
- Accident, Short Term Disability & Life Insurance Options
- 401k Retirement Plans with up to a 5% Match from Prime Inc.
- An Innovative Wellness Program that Pays You to be Healthy
- Vacation & Sick Time
- On Site Fitness Club: Weight Training Center, Cardio Lounge, Aerobics & Yoga Classes, Basketball Court
- On Site Salon & Spa
- On Site Restaurant
- On Site Daycare Center
- On Site Doctor’s Office & Chiropractor
- Competitive Salary for this Position: $15.00/hr++
- Yearly Prime Inc. Stakeholder’s Bonus
- Continued Education Opportunities Through Our Tuition Reimbursement Program.
Our Parts Attendants work in the best shops, with the best equipment & are empowered to really make a difference. Prime Inc. is the #1 refrigerated trucking company in America because we invest in our associates. This is your chance to become part of the best team in trucking!
Prime, Inc. is looking for a hard-working, self-motivated individual to join our Parts Department. Responsibilities include receiving, storing, and distributing materials tools, equipment, and products within shop areas by performing the following duties:
- Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order,
or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequences such as type, style, and color or product code.
- Sorts and stores perishable goods in refrigerated rooms.
- Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes items to production workers or assembly line.
- Assembles orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department.
- Marks materials with identifying information.
- Opens bales, crates, and other containers.
- Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
- Weighs or counts items for distribution within area to ensure conformance to company standards.
- Arranges stock parts in specified sequence for assembly by other workers.
- Uses computer to enter records.
- Compiles worksheets or tickets from customer specifications.
- Drives vehicle to transport stored items from warehouse to parts area or to pick up items from several locations for shipment.
- Completes requisition forms to order supplies from other departments.
- Prepares parcels for shipping.
- Maintains inventory records.
Any combination of education, training, and experience providing the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Industrial mechanical experience is a plus.
Must have a strong work history. Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights and weekends required.
Experience, Education, and Training
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position requires constant standing, forward reaching, and grasping; frequent walking, head turning, bending, handling, and side reaching. Candidate must be able to lift and carry 66lbs; push and pull 30lbs. Steel toed footwear, and safety glasses are required in the shop.
Both indoor and outdoor working environment with exposure to varying weather conditions and chemical odors.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
PRIME will provide protective equipment (“PPE”) as necessary to its associates in accordance with 29 CFR 1910.132(a). PRIME provides safe working conditions that are fully compliant with all applicable OSHA workplace regulations as it respects an associate’s exposure to chemical, mechanical, or other potential workplace hazards or impairing conditions that could compromise the integrity of the associate’s well-being, to include eyes, extremities, face, head, or respiratory system. PRIME associates must fully adhere to all PRIME PPE policies at all times. Any PRIME associate, who refuses to fully abide by these mandatory PPE policies, and related safety measures, may be subject to the appropriate disciplinary action, up to and including termination. All required personal protective equipment will be provided by PRIME to each associate at no cost to the associate.
Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and reliable transportation to and from work.
Candidate must be able to pass a job specific post-offer physical prior to beginning employment with Prime, Inc.