Night Fleet Dispatch- Flatbed Division
We are looking for an eager, self-motivated individual to join our Night Fleet Dispatch team in order to help lead our drivers and our company to success.
- Analyze dispatch information to ensure ability of driver to meet service standards.
- Monitor compliance relating to Federal DOT (Department of Transportation) regulations relating to hazardous material hauling, HOS (Hours of Service) regulations, accident reporting, and driver personnel records.
- Proactively monitor on-time pickup/delivery performance and freight security using prescribed systems.
- Accurately complete accident reports per company policy.
- Effectively communicate Company policy and service expectations to drivers.
- Coordinate load relays to prevent service failures using prescribed guidelines/procedures.
- Answer multi-line phone in timely manner to maintain communication standards with drivers.
- Process QUALCOMM messages in timely manner.
- Practice punctuality and efficiency when completing all assigned tasks.
- Effectively communicate pertinent information regarding service/driver issues to Day Fleet Manager.
- Complete continuing training as directed by management.
- Practice Company Core Values.
Any combination of education, training, and experience providing the following knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Basic knowledge of trucking/transportation industry preferred, but not required.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational and conflict resolution skills, and the ability to execute logical decisions quickly. Ability to multitask in dynamic, fast-paced, team oriented environment. Good computer and keyboarding skills with the ability to accurately type at 45 WPM. Proficient in Excel, Word, and Outlook. Flexible schedule with the ability to work at least 48 hours per week and the ability to work overnights and weekends required.
Experience, Education, and Training
Four year college degree in supply chain management or other business related field or at least two years management experience preferred.
Primarily indoors with heating and cooling regulated in a general office environment.