Prime, Inc. is one of America’s largest trucking operations which means we are critical in getting products delivered on time for about every industry you can think of. The work we do means your families can shop for groceries, get online orders, and have the supplies you need for projects at home. But we need your help to make it happen. We are immediately hiring for full time mechanic roles - entry level to experienced. This role is critical in keeping our operation running so that supplies get delivered.
We know our people work hard to make us the best, so we offer them the best benefits. We have everything you’d expect from a leader (401k, insurance, time off), plus:
- Gym, personal trainers & basketball court onsite
- Onsite daycare
- Onsite salon & spa, café, & doctor’s office
- Tuition reimbursement & discount at Bethel University for associates & dependents
- Free College Certificate Program for aspiring managers
- Growth opportunities in a promote from within culture to other shops to diversify skills, Road Assist, or Operations departments
- Up to 160 vacation hours per year
- Unlimited overtime
- 401k match - 80% on first 5%
Pay: $55,000 - $150,000 per year.
Sunday – Wednesday or Wednesday – Saturday with every other Wednesday off
5:30pm to 5:30am
This schedule means you work 78 days less than your typical Monday – Friday job, which allows you to spend more time with your family & friends
In this role we will train you to be a great mechanic. We hire all levels of technicians. Your day to day will be on your feet doing maintenance and mechanical repairs to a variety of equipment.
Our techs have the option of going into a few different specialties – Tractor Maintenance, Trailer Maintenance and Trailer Rebuild. We will talk with you to see what is the best fit.
- Inspect, diagnose, and repair Prime’s equipment
- Use some welding and cutting tools to repair, modify or adjust parts
- Perform DOT Inspection
- This job works with heavy equipment, so you’ll need to be able to lift and carry 100lbs and push and pull 50lbs
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); OR mechanical experience
- You must be able to acquire basic hand tools and a toolbox by the end of the training period. We offer a tool program for up to $1,500 in free tools for new hires with a 2 year commitment to Prime.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Tractor mechanic, diesel mechanic, HVAC, lube technician or automotive technician experience would be great, but not needed. We are committed to training you if you have no experience.
Are you interested in joining the Prime family? No matter what you are looking for, there is a place for you here. Apply now and welcome home!