Do you like working with computers and technology? Does working with critical enterprise applications, supporting desktop users, and solving unique problems interest you? Prime is currently seeking an Information Technology Specialist with a passion to provide high quality technical support and excellent customer service to our team.
Prime is North America’s most successful refrigerated, flatbed, tanker and intermodal trucking company. We pride ourselves on being innovators in the industry and using the latest technology to enhance our position as an industry leader.
Provide direct technical support for issues involving hardware, software and networking for users throughout the company while providing exceptional customer service. Field incoming requests from multiple sources, prioritize critical issues, and escalate issues to appropriate team members if needed. Use strong problem solving skills to resolve issues in a fast paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Respond to user requests for support and resolve problems
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests
- Install, test and configure new workstations, servers, peripheral equipment, and software
- Monitor system performance and functionality
- Provide support to our driving associates in person and over the phone
- Install, configure, and maintain networking equipment
- Maintain inventory and supplies
- Document process and solutions
- 1 year of relevant technical experience
- Outgoing and confident with exceptional written and verbal communication
- Customer satisfaction focused
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills
- Willingness to work extended hours or weekends if needed
- Ability to lift at least 30 pounds
- Occasional travel to other offices for training and support