Hotel Facility Maintenance
The Oasis Hotel & Convention Center is currently seeking career driven individuals who are committed to providing a memorable experience to our guests.
Our award winning hotel is a full service property, offering 173 guest rooms along with over 30,000 square feet of meeting and conference space. Housed within the Oasis, you will find Fire & Ice Restaurant & Bar, featuring Springfield’s only ice bar.
The Oasis Hotel & Convention Center is a property structured upon our core values…
Passion- Passionate about who we are and what we do
Respect- Mutual respect and appreciation for our associates and guests
Extreme Service- We strive to be proactive and go above and beyond for our guests to have a positive and memorable experience.
Family & Community- All associates and guests are in the family. We desire to give back to the community and to each other.
Innovation & Uniqueness- We desire to be a true oasis in the region and embrace our identity.
Honesty & Integrity- We believe in being truthful and transparent, while maintaining professionalism, to our associates and guests in all situations, even when the situation is difficult.
Our Maintenance Department is responsible for performing a wide range of maintenance tasks to ensure our guests have a safe and comfortable stay.
- Responds to maintenance concerns/ calls.
- Interacts with guest and co-workers in a friendly and professional manner
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, and develops alternative solutions
- Performs general maintenance and preventative maintenance projects
- Responds to building related safety concerns.
- Cleans and maintains the hotel pools, hot tub and interior/exterior fountains
- Maintains all refrigeration and kitchen equipment
- Maintains the guest rooms, public space, restaurant and convention services areas by performing various tasks related to a variety of trades including carpentry, plumping, electrical, air conditioning, painting, and wall covering to ensure an attractive and well maintained hotel.
- Maintains the exterior grounds to include lawn care, outdoor lighting, and parking areas.
- Assists in light remodeling projects
- Responsible for troubleshooting of the hotel internet, business center equipment and audio visual equipment.
- Must be mechanically inclined, highly organized and experienced in various areas of facility maintenance.
- Plumbing and electrical experience required.
- Most possess knowledge of basic hand/power tools
- HVAC Certification beneficial
- Valid driver’s license required
- Excellent communication, guest service and time management skills
- Must be able to organize, plan ahead and manage workload.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and multi-tasked environment.
- Must be dependable and energetic
- Must be flexible regarding scheduling as it is based on business demands. Must be available to work between the hours of 7am-11pm.
- Weekends are required
- This position requires constant standing and walking. Must be able to lift and carry 60lbs comfortably. Candidate must be able to pass a job specific post-offer physical prior to beginning employment with Oasis Hotel.
- Will work both in/outdoors