The Oasis Hotel & Convention Center is currently seeking career driven individuals who are committed to providing a memorable experience to our guests.
Our award winning hotel is a full service property, offering 173 guest rooms along with over 30,000 square feet of meeting and conference space. Housed within the Oasis, you will find Fire & Ice Restaurant & Bar, featuring Springfield’s only ice bar.
The Oasis Hotel & Convention Center is a property structured upon our core values…
Passion- Passionate about who we are and what we do
Respect- Mutual respect and appreciation for our associates and guests
Extreme Service- We strive to be proactive and go above and beyond for our guests to have a positive and memorable experience.
Family & Community- All associates and guests are in the family. We desire to give back to the community and to each other.
Innovation & Uniqueness- We desire to be a true oasis in the region and embrace our identity.
Honesty & Integrity- We believe in being truthful and transparent, while maintaining professionalism, to our associates and guests in all situations, even when the situation is difficult.
The Kitchen Utility is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards in various areas of Food & Beverage.
- Washes dishes, glassware, flatware, pots and pans, using dishwashers and by hand.
- Transports dishes to proper storage areas
- Setup and breakdown of dishwashing area
- Conduct general restaurant and restroom cleaning as directed
- Maintains kitchen work areas, equipment, or utensils in a clean and orderly manner
- Responsible for all back of the house floor care
- Transfers supplies or equipment between storage and work areas.
- Loads/unloads delivery trucks
- Receives and stores supplies
- Light prep work as assigned
- Notifies management of any needed repairs to the dish machines
- Assists in various areas of the hotels food & beverage outlets
- Other duties as assigned by the Sous Chef/ Executive Chef
- Excellent communication, guest service and time management skills
- Must be able to organize, plan ahead and manage workload.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and multi-tasked environment.
- Must be dependable and energetic
- Must be flexible regarding scheduling as it is based on business demands
- This position requires constant standing and walking. Frequent squatting, bending, reaching, handling and grasping. Must be able to lift and carry 40lbs. Candidate must be able to pass a job specific post-offer physical prior to beginning employment with Oasis Hotel.
- Indoor working conditions in fast paced environment.