The Oasis Hotel & Oasis Convention Center is currently seeking career driven individuals who are committed to providing a memorable experience to our guests.
Our award winning hotel is a full service property, offering 173 guest rooms along with over 30,000 square feet of meeting and conference space. Housed within the Oasis you will find Fire & Ice Restaurant & Bar, featuring Springfield’s only ice bar.
The Oasis Hotel & Convention Center is a property structured upon our core values:
Passion- Passionate about who we are and what we do
Respect- Mutual respect and appreciation for our associates and guests
Extreme Service- We strive to be proactive and go above and beyond for our guests to have a positive and memorable experience.
Family & Community- All associates and guests are in the family. We desire to give back to the community and to each other.
Innovation & Uniqueness- We desire to be a true oasis in the region and embrace our identity.
Honesty & Integrity- We believe in being truthful and transparent, while maintaining professionalism, to our associates and guests in all situations, even when the situation is difficult.
The Banquet Server is responsible for service of all banquets and banquet related Food & Beverage operations.
- Read and interpret Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) and follow instructions from Banquets Manager and/or Captain.
- Set up banquet room as instructed by Banquet Captain to include table and chair placement, linen, service-ware and glassware.
- Prepare for the function as appropriate, including, but not limited to place and table settings, condiments preparation, beverages, etc.
- Greet guests and respond to requests in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Replenish beverages as necessary, and check with guests for overall satisfaction.
- Perform general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products, as assigned to adhere to health standards.
- Attend and participate in the Pre-Meal and Post-Meal briefings as directed.
- Serve the food and/or beverage in the order and to the expectation of the Banquet Captain to ensure consistency throughout the banquet.
- Promptly bus dishes as guests complete each course and/or meal at the end of the meal or function.
- Clean up after the function; clear dishes from tables, re-organize back aisle or staging areas as assigned, put equipment and supplies away in their proper storage areas.
- Once banquet is complete, reset banquet room according to Captain's specifications to ensure the readiness of the room for the following function.
- Complete necessary work for future banquet events, as directed.
- Excellent communication, guest service and time management skills
- Must be able to organize, plan ahead and manage workload.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and multi-tasked environment.
- Must have a positive and professional upbeat personality with a desire to deliver outstanding customer service to our guests.
- Must be dependable and energetic
- Previous serving experience preferred, but not required.
- Bartending experience beneficial
- Audio Visual experience beneficial
- Must be flexible regarding scheduling as it is based on business demands
- This position requires constant standing and walking. Frequent bending, squatting, handling and grasping. Must be able to lift and carry 50lbs. Pushing and pulling and average weight of 97lbs. Candidate must be able to pass a job specific post-offer physical prior to beginning employement with Oasis Hotel.
- Indoor working conditions in fast paced environment.